by Sandra Bandy and Melissa Johnson
Bates Visual Guide to Physical Examination
The University Libraries is excited to offer both campuses access to the fifth edition of Bates Visual Guide to Physical Examination. This edition features completely reshot content and new clinical skills videos on head-to-toe and systems-based physical examination techniques for the (Advanced) Assessment or Introduction to Clinical Medicine course. The site features more than 8 hours of video content.
AccessMedicine (Health Sciences Campus Only)
AccessMedicine from McGraw-Hill Medical has been upgraded to unlimited site-wide license. There are several new features available:
- CME Credits
- Offered in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACGME) through the joint providership of Interstate Postgraduate Medical Association (IPMA) and McGraw-Hill Education
- Each structured point of care search is designated for .5 credits
- Users can gain credit by navigating directly to a piece of content, or discovering it via search. Note: Users must be logged into their MyAccess profile in order to access CME.
- View a tutorial at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyjEUmz53uw
- Custom Curriculum: a tool that enables program directors and faculty to create and manage their residency and clerkship curricula, creating interactive learning modules for their learners.
- 2 Minute Medicine®: (abbreviated 2MM) an expert physician publishing group founded out of Harvard Medical School that provides concise, curated, and authoritative medical reports of breaking medical literature as well as seminal studies in medicine.
For assistance using this AccessMedicine contact your or Greenblatt Library embedded librarian. Summerville campus users are welcome to visit Greenblatt Library to gain access to this resource.