When you think of Stat!Ref, you may only think of eBooks, but this resource has far more to offer. It can help save you valuable time through Evidence Alerts and the Stat!Ref Mobile App.
Evidence Alerts from Stat!Ref provides easy access to current research in evidence-based medicine delivered to your email inbox or right to your internet browser. Content is selected in collaboration with McMaster PLUS and vetted by a panel of practicing physicians.
- Pick your areas of interest: Receive customized EBM e-mail alerts catered to your healthcare interests
- Time-saving flexibility: No longer scan numerous clinical journals to find the information you need. Receive relevant EBM information fast
- Daily notifications: Get daily e-mail notifications of important new research about the diagnosis, treatment, prognosis, etiology and economics of medical conditions
- Free service: Included with our institutional subscription to STAT!Ref
- Archived EBM information: Review past STAT!Ref Evidence Alerts to always have your healthcare interests at your fingertips
To enable Evidence Alerts, you must first create a free My Stat!Ref account. Next select “My Stat!Ref” in the upper right of the home page. Select the “Alerts” tab to select the type of alert you would like to enable. A brief description is provided for each. Email alerts will prompt you for the number and frequency of emails you would like to receive, while RSS alerts will ask for your discipline and information about your preferred RSS reader. You can read more about RSS feeds here. A step by step guide for setting up alerts can be located here.
In addition to Evidence Alerts, the Stat!Ref Mobile App will allow you to easily access Stat!Ref anytime, anywhere using our institutional subscription. This free app is available for iPhone/iPad, Andriod, and Blackberry. Click here to view a short demonstration video (1:36).
How to login to the Stat!Ref Mobile App
A login is required in order to use the Stat!Ref app. This can be set up by logging into your My Stat!Ref account from a computer on the Health Sciences Campus and setting up a temporary login. Select “My Stat!Ref” then the “Temporary Login Account” tab. Click “Activate/Renew” to set up your temporary login. This feature will allow you to use your My Stat!Ref username and password to sign into the app. Note that it does expire and will need to be renewed about once every 90 days.
Further assistance can be obtained during normal library hours at 706-721-3441 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit the “What’s New?” blog on the Greenblatt Library homepage for updates on changes or additions to the collection and read the monthly resource highlights throughout 2014.